Scottsboro Public Library
Scottsboro Public Library Services
Printing / Faxing Services
Overdue Fines Information
Check Out Limits:
- There is a 2 item limit on new library card holders
- 10 item limit per library card that is subject to the following:
- 3 book limit on one subject
- 2 DVD/BLU-RAYs per card, no more than 4 DVDs per family
- 3 audio books per card and no more than 5 audio books per family
- 1 board game per family (adult only card).
- 1 cake pan per family (adult only card).
To obtain a Scottsboro Public Library Card, a patron must be in kindergarten or older. A guardian or parent must sign the child's library card if they are under the age of 18. The first library card is FREE for residents of Scottsboro and Jackson County. Card replacement is $5.00. Cards for patrons living outside the Jackson County limits are $20.00. Please bring your ID and proof of your address when you come to get a card.
The Scottsboro Public Library offers a public computer lab for use by patrons.
Please have your library card number ready to sign in. If you do not have a library card number, please provide your drivers id number on the sign in sheet at the front desk.
- Copies are 50 cents per page. Patrons are required to pay for all copies that they make.
- Sending a fax: $4.50 for the first page and $2.00 for each additional page sent, including cover page
- Receiving a fax: Faxes can be sent to 256-259-4457. The cost to receive a fax is $2.50 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. *Please notify us if you plan to have a fax sent to the library prior to it being sent.
ALL FINES MUST BE PAID BEFORE A PATRON CAN CHECK OUT A BOOK, DVD, AUDIO BOOK, BOARD GAME, CAKE PAN or PRINT COPIES
An overdue fine will accrue until the library items or printing charges have been paid, overdue books are returned or deemed lost and sufficient payment has been made for those items.
Patrons will not be allowed to check out books, movies, ect, with any fines on their account.
The following are costs associated with library fines:
- 14 day books and audio books have a fine of 10 cents per day.
- 7 Day books have a fine of 25 cents per day
- DVDs have a fine of 50 cents per day. Please note that DVDs have a 3 day check out period.
- Board Games / Cake Pans: These items have a fine based on the agreement signed by the patron prior to check item out. These items must be checked out at the main desk, can not be renewed, can not be returned via library drop box.
All other checked out materials can be renewed over the phone once (1). After that all renewals must be done in person by a library staff member.
If you are not able to return your book/movie during business hours, you are welcome to leave them in our book return box near the front door. Board Games/Cake Pans are the only items that can't be returned in the book return.
- Tax preparation or answer to tax questions
- Serving as a witness for formal paperwork or forms
- Assistance with personal computer matters
The Scottsboro Public Library has a meeting/community room that can be used for meetings or events. The room can be booked for parties and events after hours for a small fee of $25. To book the room, please stop by the Scottsboro Public Library to speak to a staff member.
Computer Lab/ WI-FI available
The Scottsboro Public Library has a computer lab for the community to use. The computer lab is free to use, just sign in at the front desk with either your library card or ID. We also offer printing service. Printing is 50 cents per page.
The Scottsboro Public Library also have free Wi-Fi for our patrons to use.
The Scottsboro Public Library offers interlibrary loan service with Northeast Alabama Community College, through the LMN Consortion. Ask at the front desk for more information.
Book Return Box is located near the front door.
There are 12 computers for our patrons to use in our computer lab.
We carry local newspapers and magazines.